Are you crazy about self-made fashion and do you want to learn to sew yourself? Then this boarding course is definitely something for you. In 6 lessons you will get acquainted with the sewing machine and making small patterns. This course is suitable for people without sewing experience, who want to discover what it is like to work with a sewing machine. If you already have experience with sewing, the lessons will be adjusted accordingly.
What are you going to do?
In the course you will learn a number of techniques:
- Threading the sewing machine
- Stitching corners
- Make a turning hole
- stitching on a button
You will create a number of fun projects, including a needle book and a cushion cover without a zipper.
Expand to 12 lessons
Do you really want a special gift? Then you can also extend the boardingcourse to a basic course of 12 lessons. In the basic course you will make the following projects, among others:
- Tissue box cover
- Simple bag
Book cover In addition to the techniques of the boarding course, you also learn:
Finish with a zigzag stitch
- Create simple patterns
- Single hem
- Corner seam
- Understand fabric plans
The boarding and basic course include:
- Pattern paper
- Coffee and / or tea
- Use of sewing machines
- Use of sewing supplies
- Pattern paper (basic course)
So you don't have to buy fabric scissors, pins and needles.
The courses are given in a professional sewing school in Amsterdam, near the Westerpark.
- You can order a starter package with the course for € 24 (retail value: € 35). In it are a pair of fabric scissors, blinker, glass button pins, needles, basting yarn, a magnetic pincushion, tailor's chalk in various colors, carbon paper, a thorn knife and an inch. In short, everything to get started immediately!
|Persons||1 - 10|
|With a private workshop you are the only participant. Some workshops are always organized as a private workshop, others for a supplement or it is not possible.|
|Only available during in its season. Please check the validity of your voucher.|
|Age||Min. 8 years|
|Valid for||1 year|
|How long the voucher is valid after issue.|
|Free cancellation||Within 2 weeks|
They don't like the present? You may cancel the voucher in 14 days after purchasing.
See also: our return policy
|Boarding course||€ 149|
|Basic course||€ 225|
- The lessons are given on Monday to Thursday from 7 pm to 9 pm. And from Wednesday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- You follow the course one day a week for 6 or 12 weeks
- No lessons are given during holidays and public holidays
- Do you want to come with your own group for a pleasant afternoon, baby shower, bachelor party or children's party? Then you can [request more information] here (/offerte/naaien).
See availabilityClick on a day to check availability